Hello everyone… I was nominated for the Liebster Award this week and although I don’t do tags and awards very often (even though I distinctly remember saying I would #fail), I thought it would be fun to do today!
Firstly, I have to say a HUGE thank you to Pumpkin Spiced Lass for nominating me for this award! I know she hasn’t been in the WordPress community for long but her blog is such a lovely read- and a relatable one for all the teenagers out there! She has been extremely supportive of my writing, which means an awful lot, as you will all know, so I hope you will take some time to follow her blog and get reading!
Now, here are my answers to the 11 questions Pumpkin Spiced Lass gave me:
1. Would you rather travel back in time or go to the future?
In the past, I would have definitely chosen to travel back in time, but now I think I would choose to go to the future. The future is exciting and there’s so many more available opportunities as you grow up. And who wants to relive the past when you can do lots of new, similarly exciting things instead?
2. What is the first item on your bucket list?
It would definitely be to go travelling and experience many different cultures. I have always wanted to visit the Netherlands, especially Amsterdam, and seeing as I study German as an A-Level, I would love to practice the language there.
3. What is your favourite song?
Ahhh, this is a hard one- there are so many! I would have to say something from OneRepublic, probably ‘Feel Again’. Their songs always really make me feel something inside and ‘Feel Again’ is probably one of the best examples of this.
4. What is your favourite food?
It’d be easy to say chocolate (because who doesn’t love it?) but I am actually a huge fan of chicken curry- I just can’t get enough of it!
5. What is the one thing that you have been putting off doing?
Getting contact lenses- as much as I want them, the thought of contact lenses really does cringe me out (at the minute, anyway).
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate, of course (see answer 4), although I’m not always sure whether it’s a guilty pleasure or just a downright pleasure for me!
7. Would you rather have no arms or no legs?
Purely because of the fact that dance and movement is such a huge part of my life and the fact that I know there have been huge advances in prosthetic arms in recent years, I would have to say I would rather have no arms (although I assure you that I hate to think about this decision).
8. Early riser or night owl?
Night owl: no doubt about it! (And I know that my Mum would 100% back me up on that, because I am a pain to wake up. Yes Mum, if you’re reading, I do know that!)
9. Sweet or savoury?
Definitely sweet- I always say to my friends that given a tray of brownies, I would happily eat them all (hypothetically of course- I still need to keep an eye on the bathroom scales!) but given a whole pizza, I just could not do the same.
10. What is your earliest memory?
It’s a bit ironic to say I don’t remember but I’m not sure that I can differentiate between when my oldest memories took place. I do have a lot of early memories with my sister though, because we used to share a bedroom, where she used to talk to me and stroke my head at bedtime. I think that I may need to look through the photo albums soon so as to bring back some of my earliest memories!
11. What was/ is your favourite year in school?
Despite all the A-Level exams in a few months time (erghh), I would have to say this year (year 13) has been my favourite year in school. I finally have the best group of friends I could ask for, I (mostly) really enjoy my subjects- and the fact that I don’t have to do horrible lessons like PE anymore, and feel the most confident I’ve ever done!
The rules of the award also state that you must give 11 random facts about yourself. Here we go:
- I’m the youngest child in my family- there’s a 10 year gap between my brother and I, and a 7 year one between my sister and I.
- Music is really special to me- when I listen to certain songs, they take me right back to how I was feeling when I listened to them in the past, despite feeling completely different in the present.
- I used to be a massive (like, really massive) fan of Olly Murs but as you find as you grow up, the list of things you like changes a lot and things that you used to be special to you don’t always seem so special anymore.
- I love to have a good sort-out of my room and get rid of old clothes or accessories every now and then- I don’t know why but it makes me so happy!
- I’ve (still) only been abroad once in my life and that was a school trip to France, where we travelled on a bus, so I’ve actually never been on a plane!
- I like most foods but surprisingly, I cannot stand two of the most universally loved foods: fish, and cheese when not mixed in with something or melted on top of something (ie. the kind you put on crackers).
- You probably know that I’m a huge cat and dog lover from my blog posts but when I’m older, I would love to have a Maine Coon cat and a Dachshund (preferably at the same time so that they get along- fingers crossed!)
- I have a fear of transfiguration, which I would love to get to the bottom of. For some reason, I just really hate a lot of films or productions where the narrative includes something along the lines of humans turning into, or playing, animals. Think The Emperor’s New Groove or Cats the Musical and you’ve hit the nail on the head!
- I’ve never met anyone famous that I can remember but when I was little, I apparently danced with the film cast of the Calendar Girls at a barn dance when they were filming near to where I live.
- I once took part in a writing project where we worked with an author to write creepy stories and they were published in a proper book- we had a book signing and everything! When I look back at the story (and sadly illustration) now, I’ll admit it’s hard not to cringe.
- I really really want to go see Billy Elliot the Musical with my sister, but it’s not on tour or in London at the moment!
Finally, here are my 11 nominations for the Liebster award:
Your questions are as follows:
- If you could go back to any memory for just a day, which one would it be?
- Who’s your biggest inspiration?
- If you had the chance to be a world leader for a day, what’s the first thing you would do?
- What is the one fashion piece you couldn’t live without?
- What is your favourite TV series?
- What is your favourite film?
- On a playlist of your life, what would be your top three songs?
- What is one skill you’re grateful to have?
- What is one skill you wish you had?
- If you could have one superpower, what would you want it to be?
- Why did you get into blogging?
To those 11 bloggers: have fun writing and I can’t wait to read your posts soon! To everyone else: I hope you enjoyed reading today and I’ll be back writing again soon…